Be confident inside and out
FG_AUTHORS: Sarah Ryan
I am a great believer in that we all attract what we give off. That good old ‘law of attraction’. Sometimes we have to stop, take a moment and take some time for introspection to make sure everything is in check.
How you perceive yourself has a great impact on your life as a whole, your self-belief and self-esteem. Your perception not only can impact you personally but everything around you including how others look at you and how they feel about you.
Self-confidence is the key to success both personally and professionally and when it comes to dating you have to love yourself first before you can make room to love someone else. Make sure you set realistic, achievable goals to get to the level of confidence you desire to attract what you want to you.
Here are a few tips, starting with the basics; of how to dress confidently on the outside- to assist changing how you feel on the inside…
1. Get clear about what you want. Do you want to improve your image or your inner confidence? Is it a higher sense of self belief or a better wardrobe you really, truly desire. Write it all down- set yourself a time limit and little steps of how to get what it is you want. Remember just because you’re taking small steps doesn’t mean you are not taking action.
2. Pamper yourself (and not just for half an hour!) Set aside a day- perhaps a Sunday where you are able to switch off all that technology and give yourself some breathing space. Run a bath, pop on that face mask that’s been hiding in your bathroom cabinet for months and spend some time looking after you. You will feel relaxed, refreshed and perhaps have some much needed head space to plan ahead.
3. Revisit and revamp your wardrobe. Perhaps a new look or a few new pieces will set the tone for a new confident you. 7 key changeable pieces is usually all it takes to keep you looking and feeling great for all occasions. Your dress and how you carry yourself play a crucial role in your self -confidence. Clothes don’t make a man they say, but they certainly have the ability to change the way you look and feel in yourself.
4. Think positive. You will never achieve something you haven’t achieved before by doing something you never did before. It’s obvious! We have to think positive, stay positive and build up the tools in our box to make us more positive in our outlook of ourselves. This will instantly attract the right kind of attention you so deserve.
5. Make sure to stand tall- even if you are 5 foot nothing like me. Standing tall and staying present really enables you to be noticed for all the right reasons. Your body language and energy speaks volumes so if you are sat up tall at the table people are more likely to be drawn to you. Attract the attention that your new confident self deserves.
6. Smiling, like I always say, costs nothing. Do it as often as you can when you can for a feel good factor and boost of dopamine. Smile at people you haven’t met before too. I try this once a day- the people I have met and the conversations started alone can be a confidence booster. Besides you never know who you might meet!
7. Each season is a great time to re-invent your look or do something different on the outside. Make note to re-style your hair or treat yourself to a grooming session to start each quarter with a boost of confidence. Although each season is a re-invention opportunity, each day is a new beginning so don’t worry if things takes time. Rome wasn’t built in a day- remember that!
The biggest hurdle in putting the pieces of the puzzle together for a confident future is deciding to start today to lead a more positive, confident and full-filled life. Once you have made a decision to turn things around that’s when it all gets a little bit exciting.