Get the Look: Grecian Updo
FG_AUTHORS: Who Can Cut It?
The Grecian updo, or versions of it, has been a staple on the red carpet for years for stars including Angelina Jolie, Eva Longoria and Taylor Swift.
Now you can get the look yourself with a bit of help from John Frieda.
Get the Look
1) To invigorate your scalp and pave the way to beautiful style, wash and condition with Root Awakening® Shampoo and Conditioner for at least a week prior to styling.
2) For frizz-free texture, use a small curling iron. Holding the curling iron vertically, wrap a tiny section of hair around the iron. Hold for a two-second count, then release. Repeat the process all around the head. (Note: it is not necessary to use the clamp on the iron.)
3) To create this innovative updo hairstyle, make an anchor at the crown of the head by using the end of a tail-comb to carve out a small, round section of hair. Secure the ponytail with an elastic band.
4) To create the illusion of dramatic volume, build a “nest” by pulling the ponytail through a wire-framed cone.
5) Loosely pull and pin sections of hair into the nest, working your way around the entire head.
6) To add eye-catching definition, wrap a long, leather band around the head, securing and shaping your unique updo.
7) To finish your look and achieve lasting hold, use a John Frieda® hairspray, such as as Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Hairspray.
Hydrate + Nourish ShampooHydrate + Nourish Shampoo
Hydrate + Nourish Conditioner
Firm Hold Hairspray
For a neutral, classic look, stick to a hairband-colour that’s similar to the shade of your hair. For a bold look, pick a metallic or gem-coloured band.